Thursday, August 07, 2003

Pot roast was a tad dry, but I think I know how to fix that. We'll see. Otherwise not too bad.

Blew the fucking Atkins diet today. Mashed potatoes at lunch (Thursday is mashed potato day and I'm just not strong enough to pass them by . . . it's better when I have meetings outside the office). And I went out with Mike'nDavid and Mike's high school buddy Steve, who's in town for a meeting. He's a very cool guy who teaches theater down at a college in Baltimore. I'd met him once before when Mike and I (Mike'nI) crashed at his place when we went down to the Bay Blues Festival in Annapolis. Point being, there was a wee bit of drinking going on tonight. And last I checked, cider had carbs. Oh, well. Time to redouble the effort. Also, it doesn't help matters that I blew off rugby practice and the gym in order to go out.

When I step on the scale the next time, I have only myself to blame. Well, myself and the damn Republicans. Somehow this has to be their fault too.

No comments: