Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Since I know I beat him home (ha, in your face Jackson Heights boy), I get to be the first to blog about the pleasant evening I just had.

I know several of the people whose blogs I read, Brian, Stebbins, LittleMinx, Dino, even Faustus and King Ginger who probably don't even remember meeting me (don't worry boys, I'm not too offended. You know, Stebbins, do you even remember meeting me?)

But I already knew all of them as people before I'd become aware of their blogs.

Tonight I got to do it the other way around. I'm sure you've all read MAK's blog or are at least aware of him because he is guest-blogging for Faustus. Well, I got to meet him in the flesh tonight. We had drinks over at the St. Andrew's pub (bartenders in kilt . . . my sort of place). Turns out he's just as funny and charming in person as he is on his blog.

There is always that fear . . . what if he's nothing like his online personality? What if I'm not? What if we get together for drinks and just sit there awkwardly until the check comes? All those little neuroses that come from meeting someone for the first time.

Nice to say, I had a great time.

And he has got some great stories to tell about his life, family, dating . . . you name it. Hopefully we'll get to see them in his blog really soon.

Now, for the rest of you. When do I get to meet you face to face, eh?

No comments: