Friday, August 15, 2003

And two funny things.

Once I finally got through to my dad (who had decided I must have been trapped in a subway), he asked, "So are you watching any of this on the news?" I reminded him that I had neither a TV nor POWER. He was a little sheepish after that.

Mom, did one of those, too. After I spent about 15 minutes bitching about how hot the apartment was and the fact that even with the windows open I got no ventilation, she asked if I could put a fan in the window. I told her that I could, but that it would likely sit idly next to the air conditioner as we have no POWER.

Of course, I kept flipping the light switch every time I walked into the bathroom, so I can't really blame them too much.

It's kind of disheartening when you realize just how close to the tree your particular apple fell.

No comments: