Monday, August 18, 2003

Much better mood today. Or if not in a better mood, I'm sober so I can put on the happy mask and not have it slip off quite as easily as it did last night.

Well, whatcha gonna do?

Some more lyrics, this time a little Irving Berlin by way of Al Jolson:
Let me sing a funny song, with crazy words that roll along
And if my song can start you laughing, I'm happy, happy
Let me sing a sad refrain, of broken hearts who love in vain
And if my song can start you crying, I'm happy


Anyway, not much to report on the weekend that I haven't already reported. Last night the rugby club had a recruiting party at Splash (sorry, SBNY). I guess it went well. Before that, I went to brunch (hence my brunch reference at the end of the 'Ladies Who Lunch' post) with Mike'nDavid at Arte Pasta. If you've never had Sunday brunch there, I recommend it. Get the steak and eggs; you won't be disappointed. And they have all you can drink champagne and mimosas. Mike's friend Sandra joined us at the end; she and Mike were going to hear a blues singer over at the pier.

Sandra's a kick. About as subtle as a hammer to the head. Says what's on her mind and doesn't seem to give a damn what other people think. And she's a very nice, funny person. Gotta love that.

After that I did some stuff around the house and then went to Splash. Then a drunken post and off to bed. And here we are, all caught up.

No comments: