Wednesday, August 13, 2003

I just saw a fairly professional looking advertisement for the US Open that had "D'ont forget . . ." written on the front.

"D'ont forget." What professional printer doesn't . . . excuse me, "d'oesnt" notice that the apostrophe is in the wrong fucking place?

Oh, well.

A couple of other observations. I saw the Comedy Central Dennis Leary roast on Monday. Fucking hilarious. But that i'snt my observation. Mario Cantone. I never much cared for his stand-up routines. But I did notice this on Monday night. Mario Cantone is the new, younger, slightly more effiminate Phyllis Diller.

I c'ant believe I never noticed it before. Mario Cantone = (Phyllis Diller - wacky hair) + (Nathan Lane - talent) + a good agent. And you thought algebra w'ouldnt ever come in handy again.

Last night I went to see Rick (hot, tattooed, bartending motherfucker) perform some of his songs at the Alphabet Lounge on 7th St. Good times. Liked his music. Loved the bar (cool, funky dive). Not a bad way to spend the evening. If I ever am able to figure out the technical aspects of blogging, I'll try to load an MP3 of his song "Queen of New York City." Very cool and funky in a Lauren Hill/Macy Gray/Desiree sort of way.

No comments: