Friday, August 22, 2003

So where the hell is everyone today? For the last couple of days, the number of visits to my site has declined precipitously. I'm choosing to believe that this means everyone is on vacation, rather than thinking that you've all caught on to the fact that I'm not much of a writer and have little of interest to say.

Anyway, last night I went to rugby practice for the first time this season. After the usual ribbing from a teammate and from one of the coaches, I settled in to watch. Naturally, I had to get involved a little, since just watching was driving me nuts. So I did some kicking practice with Toby and Rychye. Later while Brian was doing some jogging, I joined him on one lap.

The point is, I did very little practising.

Today when I woke up, my knee was swollen and felt like someone turned the kneecap about a quarter turn. And my heel hurt. And somehow I pulled a muscle in my back.

How I managed to do this while doing next to nothing astounds me.

I got home last night to discover that my The Family Guy DVDs had arrived. I stayed up till one watching them. Brilliant show.

No comments: