Sunday, August 17, 2003

Last night I went to the movies because I was tired, hot and lonely. Tonight I went because I was just lonely. Things are looking up!!!!

Yesterday it was catch as catch can. I went to two movie theaters before finding one (the Quad) that had power. I missed the "gay" movie (Boys Shorts?) and wound up watching Spellbound, the documentary about the national spelling bee. Now I had no intention of seeing this movie. No interest whatsoever. That being said, it was fantastic. Interesting, well filmed, thought provoking, funny. I'm just amazed at how good it was.

Tonight I saw Camp. Not the best film in the world, but the kids are so cute and the in-jokes so funny that I forgave a lot of the really, really, really cliched bits. All in all, just what I needed tonight. Something light and frothy. And I finally found a version of 'Ladies Who Lunch' that will forever replace Elaine Stritch's in my mind. Well, okay, not really. But the scene was funny as hell.

No comments: