Monday, August 04, 2003

I am once again properly caffeinated. I am also soaked from the knees down.

So on with my whining.

I am in love with one of my teammates. Well okay, not in love, but seriously in lust. Sadly, as is typical with my infatuations, he is 1) way, way out of my league (but then, I tend to think of John Merrick as being out of my league so that doesn't narrow it down much), 2) doesn't know I exist and 3) is too young (see my "date from hell" story from July 1st).

Sigh.

Anyway, at least he's pretty to look at.

So, this weekend. Friday night . . . don't remember so I guess I didn't do anything. Saturday, went to Starbucks and the Chelsea Market with Mike ('nDavid was at work). Bought all sorts of cool, shiny stuff for the kitchen and some lovely vegetables. Spent the rest of the afternoon online (and all that implies). After wasting the afternoon, I got together with Dino (hey, Dino!) for coffee and conversation. We went down to the Christopher St. Pier which, despite the nasty humidity, was really nice. All in all a very fun evening.

After we got back to my place, Stuff and Old Roomie dropped by. Stuff, because we were going out later; Old Roomie, because he hadn't seen the new place yet.

After everyone took off, Stuff and I went over to Nowhere (I think that was the name), a new bar that was opened by the owner of the Phoenix. We were there for LittleMinx's birthday party. Not only was it a great little bar, but it was a very cool, laid-back crowd.

LittleMinx was looking particularly good, as one has a right to on one's birthday. There was a good mix of rugby guys and his other friends. The Moppet was there, as was Mio who I hadn't seen in a while. Hugh, BJ, 'nDennis, The Wonder Twinks, Lee (hi, Lee!), Turtle, DQ . . . well, lots of the boys. All in all a fun night, despite my general blah mood.

I've never really liked parties. I'm pretty terrible about talking to people, even people I know. I just don't have that gift. I'm better off if I have one person I can talk to. But for those people who are good at working a party, why would they want to be stuck talking to me all night? I'm a little better about chatting with people, etc., if I've had a drink or two (or six). But then I have a hard time walking that fine line between being humorous and being a fucking dickhead.

Yeah, I know. Boo fucking hoo.

Anyway, after the party, I went out with Hugh and Stuff to get some food. Nice thing about going to dinner (or whatever meal one has at 3 a.m.) with two guys who are also doing Atkins, it kept me from cheating.

Sunday, I overslept like a motherfucker. I intended to get up around 10, do laundry, go to the gym, go into the office, all sorts of useful things. Instead I got up at 2 p.m. and played on the internet (and all that implies). Then I went to Yaniv2's party. That was a lot of fun. Great little bar. Turns out it was the bar I went to after the rugby banquet (of course I was more or less blacked out at that point, so none of it looked in the least bit familiar). There weren't too many guys from the team there which was a little disappointing, but otherwise it was fun. Open bar (woo hoo!), good music, cute guys . . . just an all around good time.

I will digress for a brief description. If you use the men's room at the bar (The Slide), you stand at a trough while looking through a line of windows. The windows look out at the bar. So essentially, you are watching people watch you pee. I'll admit to being a little put off by this.

After the bar, 646Guy, Lee and I went to McHales for one of their burgers. I would have enjoyed it more if I weren't so burnt out on meat, but at least the company was good.

Got home at a decent hour, fully intending to do my laundry. About the time that I was loading up my laundry bag, all of my energy just sapped out of me. I decided to go to sleep instead. I did my laundry this morning instead.

Oh, speaking of sleeping, I had a zombie dream this weekend. Not one of the really bad ones, though in my book any dream with the walking dead isn't a particularly good one. But this was a fairly lucid one with some interesting stuff going on. I may have to try to work it up as a screenplay.

So that was the weekend. A lot more fun than my usual.

No comments: