Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Forgot to mention two celebrity sightings from yesterday. Frances Sternhagen, one of my favorite actresses. She has had a long distinguished career in theater, movies and TV. I'm pretty sure she's in a show Off-Broadway right now, but I can't remember which one.

Anyway, I saw her waiting at the F and V trains at 42nd.

I also saw Tom Mardirosian walking up Seventh Ave. I guess he lives around here since I've seen him twice.

One quick aside about Frances Sternhagen. Long before ER and Sex and the City, she played Cliff's mom on Cheers. My mom and I do a bit of their dialogue from time to time. In one episode, Sam got locked out of his apartment and was looking for a place to spend the night. He bounced from house to house with something always going wrong. At Cliff's apartment (which he shared with his mom), he had to share a bed with Cliff who first got into a screaming match with his mom and then kept talking and talking while Sam was trying to sleep. At one point, Sam quit answering him. Cliff turned on the light to discover that Sam had snuck out.

From the bedroom Cliff's mom called out "Your little friend left, didn't he, Clifford?" and Cliff shouts back "It's all your fault old woman."

Mom and I do that bit from time to time. It never ceases to make us both collapse in fits of laughter.

I know. We're weird.

No comments: