Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Well, I'm buggered. And not in that cool sodomy way. I'm fucking-tired-haven't-slept-Jesus-God-let-me-rest buggered. For whatever reason, my brain has decided that it doesn't want to sleep at night. So for the last two nights, I've gone to bed at a resonable (for New York) hour and have stared at the fucking ceiling for 3-4 hours before finally dropping off. Last night I was able to get a whopping 2.5 hours sleep.

Funny, but that doesn't make for a very productive day.

I don't know what the deal is, but I hope I can sleep tonight.

The weekend was okay, not much to it as I've mentioned. Yesterday, though, was great. After not sleeping well and having to deal with wicked bad allergies, I decided to call in sick to work. Hung out with Mike all day for the first time in ages. We went shopping, got coffee, went to lunch at Florent (David joined us for this) because I had a $70 gift certificate, then Mike and I went back to his place and watched TV (always a treat since I don't have a TV of my own). Then he, David and I had dinner. It was a fantastic day. Just what I needed. Other than the lack of sleep, I feel pretty damn good today. I think I needed a mental health day and this was just the ticket.

I've also decided to grow a beard. I haven't had a full beard since grad school. Time for a change, I guess. Sad to say the damn thing is growing in with lots more white than last time. But then, I started going gray in high school, so it wasn't like I haven't had time to prepare for this. Still a little disturbing.

At this point, I'm four days into the beard. It hasn't reached the itchy God-what-was-I-thinking phase yet. Depending on how bad that gets, I may just trim it down to a goatee. Or I'll just chuck the whole thing and go back to my natural baby-face. Only time will tell.

No comments: