Sunday, September 14, 2003

I'm in a pissy mood. Which is loads better than a bad mood or a self-pitying mood. Though I suppose the self-pity thing plays into it.

It pissed me off not to play in the game today. Even though I know it's entirely my fault.

Mike was supposed to come to the game. I knew perfectly well he wouldn't show; it's just how he is. But it still pissed me off. He could have told me he was bailing, but he didn't even call.

Plus when I'm at the game and I'm not playing, there is an assumption that I am therefore at everyone's beck and call. (Brian, for the record I'm not bitching about helping to deal with the food . . . you actually bothered to ask me.) I want to help out; I genuinely do. But it pisses me off when people tell me to do things. Especially when they're telling me to do things that are in no way, shape or form my responsibility.

Then one of the coaches was giving me a hard time for not being up and cheerful at the drink-up.

And no one else from the team is coming to the youth rugby event tomorrow. Which means I'm sitting out there alone again, working the administration table while the others are off teaching the kids. I don't mind working admin. at these things . . . in fact, with my knees the way they are, that's exactly what I should be doing. I just hate working it by myself.

I've got a lot of other stuff to do tomorrow as well. And a conference on Monday. And a morning meeting Tuesday. Blah, blah, blah.

Now, on the "keeping me from getting too pissy" front, it was a great day for rugby. And the team has shown a marked improvement. Everyone seemed to have fun including the fans who showed up (that was kind of cool).

The other thing elevating my mood is that I finally watched one of the Buffy DVDs that Dino gave me. Watched the first four episodes. God, Xander was cute (or rather Xander reminds me of a guy I was fooling around with in college, so he brings up some of the cool feelings associated with that.) And David Boreanaz was really, really cute. He has certainly not aged well.

Well, off to bed so I can go to the youth rugby thing in the morning. 9 a.m. sharp. Bollocks.

No comments: