Thursday, July 24, 2003

I am officially out of the old apartment. Nothing left in the room, left the card key with old roommate. Done. Finis.

On the downside, I left this big-ass piece of furniture out by the garbage cans. The super is going to be really pissed. Not that I care too much, but I hate to leave that for him to deal with. But after walking up and down the six flights of stairs over and over, I wasn't in the mood to take the fucking cheap piece-of-crap bureau over to the church to donate with the rest of the stuff.

Thank God, Yaniv2 showed up to help me take over the big furniture. I wouldn't have been able to move it without him.

So while I was over at the church dropping off the last of the last of my donations, Yaniv2 started looking through the boxes of albums that were there. Now, I expected lots of 1970's crap. Nope. There was all sorts of good stuff, some of it from the 30's and 40's.

Being a fucking theater queen (this is the only time I'll officially cop to being any kind of "queen" since I'm so goddamn butch. Shut up, Brian), I bought the original cast albums for Damn Yankees (I want to be Gwen Verdon when I grow up . . . but I can't because I'm so goddamn butch. Shut up, Brian), Candide, Tom Jones, Do Re Mi, Sweet Charity, Fiddler on the Roof, Cabaret and Mame. I also bought a Smothers Brothers album that I've never seen before.

I could have bought a lot more, but I ran out of money. Considering that all the albums are just a dollar each, I may have to run back by there next week. They had lots of classical, opera, you name it. I was hoping to run across some old blues albums, but no such luck.

I was amazed to see some of the stuff I brought over already being sold by the time I left. Part of me wanted to say, give that back, it's mine. I'm an only child, you see. We weren't taught to share.

No comments: