Saturday, July 19, 2003

And you know what set this off? I went to see a movie tonight. Johnny English. Cute, funny, predictable . . . pretty much what I expected.

I wanted to talk about it. To laugh about a couple of the funny bits. But I was alone.

And I realized that with the exception of T3, all the movies I've seen recently have been by myself. And the theater. And going out to dinner. And getting coffee.

It just kind of made me snap a little.

Of course, none of this is really true. It's just being shadowed by the way I feel now. I've gone out with friends recently. I've done things that I've enjoyed the hell out of, in fact. I'm just missing doing them with "the one." If such a person exists.

Well, at least I'm supposed to go out with friends on Sunday . . . but it's with a couple. And I always feel somewhat left out with them. They have their jokes and half conversations and little coupley things that I can never be a part of.

That's all I really want.

Eh bien, la vie est dure. Mais celui doit continuer.

With that, I'm off to bed. Hopefully I'll have happy dreams.

I promise to be back to being my bubbly self tomorrow.

No comments: