Friday, July 11, 2003

Bollocks! Bollocks! Bollocks!

All did not go well today. The fact that I'm in the office instead of with the movers speaks volumes.

So here's the story. The movers had two jobs today. Someone in the morning and me at noon. They called to say that the first move was going to take longer than they expected since there were more boxes. They'd be at my apartment at 4.

I check with the doorman in the new building. No. You have to move in between 9-4.

So I'm fucked.

I called the mover and after much sturm und drang and many phone calls, I've been rescheduled for 8 a.m. on Monday.

I guess I'll move my computer down this weekend myself since I'm tired of having to use the work computer during my breaks. Plus I really, really want to tell the hot Arab cabbie story.

Anyway, pray for me and my move. Really, any deity. Doesn't matter to me. Well, maybe not Baal. I think you have to sacrifice a baby at the end of that and I'd feel a little guilty for having caused that.

No comments: