Thursday, November 13, 2003

Windy, windy night. Because of the way my apartment is situated, it is not a pleasant place to be on a night like tonight. Drafty, for one thing. The wind moans and screams in the stairwell next door to me. My window, which is on an airshaft makes it sound like a hurricane outside. And something is scratching on my window. Very creepy.

Tonight's awards ceremony was nice. It was at the Museum of the City of New York, which I'd never been to. It was very good time. Beautiful building and very nice exhibits. I only saw a couple of the exhibits. I hope to go back soon to see some of the other ones. The first exhibit was all about Harlem and the architecture up there (Harlem Lost and Found). It was amazing. Beautiful photos and drawings. Very cool.

The second exhibit made me think of Mark . . . especially because of today's entry. The exhibit was all about Steuben glass (Glass and Glamour, Steuben's Modern Moment). It was amazing. I'd never really seen any Stueben glass, especially not pieces as old as these. Beautiful hand-blown glass, subtle etching . . . it was stunning.

I need to spend a lot more time hitting the museums around the city.

No comments: