Monday, November 24, 2003

I've toyed with the idea of asking someone to guest blog for me, but the only people who I can think of who would do it are fellow bloggers, and it wouldn't be fair for me to impose.

So I'm afraid you'll simply have to do without me for a week.

Yesterday, as I mentioned was rather sweet. In addition to all the fun things from the awards ceremony, I read a couple of books; both of them were gay coming of age novels. The first was 'Peter' by Kate Walker, an Australian. I enjoyed it. It wasn't great, but it was a little better than 'Geography Club'.

The next book was 'The World of Normal Boys' by K.M. Soehnlein. This was one I started before I went to bed. The next thing I knew it was four in the morning and I'd just finished. It was an amazing book. Go buy it and read it. I can't really do justice to the book by my lame description.

So, on to today. I had breakfast with Mike'nDavid. That was fine. Then I went to the office for a few hours. Got a haircut. Met up with David for coffee and conversation. Went back to his place and watched a Bette Davis movie (oh, yeah, we're gay). Had several wrestling matches with Goblin; a word of warning, she fights dirty. All in all a very, very pleasant afternoon.

This evening I went out with another David (my third of the day) to a bar called Park on the west side. Very nice lounge. The music was too loud but the crowd was very hot so that was okay.

Ran into one of my co-workers there.

Now I'm tired and I have to get up early to pack and clean and all that fun stuff. Oh, well. At least I don't have to work this week.

No comments: