Sunday, November 16, 2003

Since today has done little to improve my mood, I'm fighting it using the hard stuff. Bubble-gum pop music.

Right now it's S Club 7. Next is Hanson. And Savage Garden. If I'm still awake, it'll be Barenaked Ladies.

But the truth is that I feel much better after just a couple of S Club 7 songs, so that is a good sign.

Today was okay. I worked at the Gay Expo manning the Out of Bounds table. This group serves as an umbrella group for over 30 of the GLBT sports teams in NYC. There were probably about 16 of the rugby guys there over the course of the day.

After the event a bunch of people went over to McHale's for dinner. This means I'm really, really full.

Best part of the day was finally getting to see Faustus do his thing . . . um, cheerleading, I mean.

I don't think I can do justice by describing the cheerleading squad. It's not the kind of stuff you see on ESPN in the tournaments, etc. I mean, these are folks who have jobs and lives and do this in their free time. That being said . . . they are so much fun to watch. They clearly are having a great time when they're doing their routines and they pull you right in with them. I had a great time. This was the first time I'd seen them do any of their big stuff (all the really cool acrobatics and dance). They performed at our bachelor auction in the spring, but it was at SBNY and it was packed so they didn't have room to do too much of the big stuff.

So as I said, I got to see Faustus perform. Now I've seen Faustus before; we met once at another Expo. He's cute; I've thought that since I met him. And I knew he was athletic having seen his pictures on the Cheer New York website. But when you see him perform . . . well, he's just amazing. He literally beams. He seems to be having the time of his life.

It's so fucking awesome to see.

I hope I look like that when I'm having a really good rugby match.

So despite the petty annoyances that I let get to me this weekend, I got to meet two of my blog heroes. I'll call that a good weekend.

No comments: