Monday, November 03, 2003

Damn, Bravo has a lot of friends. I've gotten over a hundred hits from his site over the course of the day. Ah, to be young, pretty, intelligent, well-spoken, etc. At least I'm . . . um, well . . . ah, hell, I've got nice furniture. I guess that counts for something. And I've been told that I'm mildly amusing.

Anyway, welcome to all of Bravo's acolytes. I hope this blog doesn't bore you to death as it has so many others.

Time for a recap of the weekend's activities.

Friday: Adam's party. I've more or less blogged about it. The highlight of the event was getting hit on by two teammates' boyfriends. Yes, they were both totally wasted. One of them told me, while rubbing my thigh, that it would really turn him on to watch me blow a certain other guy on my team. Then he went over to that other guy and told him the same thing.

Mmm'kay. I probably won't be able to face the other guy anytime in the near future because I'm sure he thought I'd put the drunk boyfriend up to it.

Not surprisingly, it was not long after this that my teammate dragged his drunk boyfriend home.

Good times. Nothing like an evening of being cock-teased to really start a weekend off right.

Saturday: Youth Conference at the Center. It's funny, we did a lot less outreach than I expected. Most of the kids just went outside to enjoy the weather instead of visiting with all the organizations that were set up inside. In fact, it turned into more of a networking opportunity for all the various groups that were there. We spoke with a couple of guys from GLSEN about outreach to high school kids and we met with several representatives of various colleges. With any luck, we'll be able to get our youth rugby team going in the spring. As always, the hardest part is to convince kids that it's okay to be gay and play sports. So many gay kids have had horrible experiences in sports; I know I did when I was a kid. And there aren't a lot of gay sports figures as role models. Usually it's only the players whose careers have ended that can come out. What kind of role model is that? Keep closeted until it doesn't matter? Not the right message.

Enough soapbox talk. Coming back from the conference I had my Bravo sighting. Then coffee with David who has chronicled the event in somewhat embarrassing detail on Faustus' blog where he is guest-blogging. In case my teammates are worried that the naked rugby pictures he refers to were pictures of them . . . well, yeah, they were. Deal with it. Just be glad I didn't post them on this site (or rather, didn't figure out how to post them).

Saturday night was Lee's housewarming. His apartment is great. It was a fun, if somewhat subdued, party. Most of us were nursing wicked hangovers. Didn't stop us (well, me) from drinking though. Fun time. After the party, some of the guys went out to Slide where Yaniv works. I was too tired.

Sunday: didn't do a damn thing. Slept until early afternoon. Spent way too much money on art books on eBay and Alibris. I'm turning into a bit of an eBay junkie. Need to keep an eye on that. In the evening I watched 'I'm Gonna Git You Sucka'; pretty funny movie. I'd only seen bits and pieces of it before this. Great blaxploitation parody. I'm surprised I only got around to seeing it now.

Anyway, I'm now well-rested and ready to face the week. Which is a damn good thing because there is a rugby board of directors meeting tonight and I have the feeling there is going to be drama.

Man, I'm getting too old for that kind of shit.

No comments: