Friday, October 31, 2003

Okay, I saw 'Die, Mommie, Die'

Good. Not great. Good. I think if the audience had been a little . . . well, queenier, it would have been better. There were lots of funny bits and it often seemed like I was the only one laughing. Wait . . . did I just call myself queeny?

And I have found the man who is destined to be my soulmate . . . whether he wants to or not. His name is Stark Sands; he plays Lance, the gay son. Very funny guy. And a great character to play.

I would imagine, since I find him attractive, that he must be straight.

Ah, well.

Oh, and you see him nude in the movie (well, just from the back).

Anyway. I think the movie is worth seeing, especially if you are a fan of those old '50s and '60s movies. Every cliche from those movies is used in this one . . . some of the scenes seem completely lifted from them. Charles Busch is pretty much what you would expect. Jason Priestly was a fucking hoot. Picture a bisexual, rough trade William Shatner. Eew, on second thought, don't.

I loved Natasha Lyonne, too. But she's great in everything.

One other bit to note . . . there is a scene with two moving men, played by Chris McDaniel and Tom Hughes. Woof.

So to sum it all up . . . Daniel Cudmore, out. Stark Sands, in. I mean, unless they're both cool with a three-way in which case, bring it on boys.

No comments: