Friday, October 31, 2003

The furniture people said they'd be here between 9:15 and 12:15. The fuckers were here right at 9:15. Now clearly I wasn't expecting them to arrive that early. I was standing around in my underwear (go ahead, picture it . . . you know you want to) trying to decide which pile of junk I was going to tackle first when the intercom buzzed saying the delivery guys were here.

Well, shit.

So I shoved everything toward my bed and made room for the furniture. Then I did a quick Swiffering and all was good.

The furniture looks lovely, though darker and larger than I remember it. I have very little room left in my apartment now. But who cares? I have furniture. A loveseat that I can finally cuddle on (now all I need is someone to cuddle) and my big, comfy chair and ottoman. I'm very excited.

To celebrate, I'm going to go see 'Elephant' or 'Die, Mommie, Die'; I just haven't decided which yet. Probably 'Die' since I'm in the mood for a comedy and I think Charles Busch is just about the best thing since Wonder Bread. And I'm a man who loves his Wonder Bread.

Woo hoo!!!!! Very excited. Bad mood has evaporated in the face of comfy furniture with a new leather smell.

No comments: