Thursday, October 30, 2003

As is usually the case when I start to get depressed, I've been looking backwards. I visited the web page for my old university theater group. Looked up a couple of friends on Classmates.com. Pining for the days when I had a ready group of friends and companions.

Of course, it's all crap. I was more miserable then than I am now. But nostalgia paints a pretty picture and it's easy to delude myself into believing that my impressions of that time are real.

I was toying with the idea of going back to visit my old campus for my vacation. See some of my old professors. Hang out at the old haunts.

But there have been 13 new classes of students since I left. 52 plays produced. Each dorm that I lived in has been gutted and renovated. Would I recognize the place? Would any of my professors remember me (I guess what I'm asking is did I make any impression on them.)? Is there anything left there that has an imprint of the person I used to be? The person who, for some reason, I'm missing right now.

It's kind of funny, because I didn't much care for him at the time.

I guess what I really want is to take a temporal vacation. Not so much to a "there" but to a "then."

I've got to snap out of this.

In order to remind myself which way to face (temporally speaking), here is a list of things I'm looking forward to:

1) Not working tomorrow
2) Getting my furniture delivered in the morning
3) Getting absolutely ripped at Adam's costume party tomorrow night
4) The naughty shenanigans to be had at Adam's party
5) Seeing everyone's costumes
6) Going to the youth conference at the Center Saturday (except I'll likely have a wicked hangover)
7) Going to Lee's party Saturday

Okay, I feel a little better.

No comments: