Thursday, May 29, 2003

After a long and grueling day at work, I'm off to "an emergency dance meeting." The Knights are working at this year's post-Pride Pier Dance (we'll be the boys in the coat check). It seems that the people planning the event aren't getting enough support, ticket sales, etc., and are toying with the idea of canceling the event this year. So they've called an emergency meeting of all the people invovled, which unfortunately includes me.

Now, to be completely honest, I don't give a good goddamn whether this event takes place or not. My team is involved in order to make money. We're trying to host next year's Mark Bingham Rugby Cup Tournament and could use the funds. I've never gone to the Pier Dance. I tend to think of the guys that go to such things as E-snarfing circuit queens. Who needs that crowd?

But I'm off to the meeting nevertheless.

Pray for me.

No comments: