Monday, May 24, 2004

My passport is ready. A whole 25 hours before I would have been completely up shit creek with a non-refundable paddle.

Note to self: Next time your passport expires, renew the fucking thing immediately.

So, in a mere 25.5 hours, I will be boarding a bus to take me to the airport. Four hours later I will be white-knuckled and shaking as we take off for London. Hopefully, the combination of cool music on my CD player, horse tranqulizers Tylenol PM, and my flying mantra ("Oh God, please don't let us crash," repeated until plane touches down) will see me safely to London in time to start the morning.

Note to teammates: Happy Well-Rested Crash - teddy bear, cuddly, fun. Sleepy Grumpy Crash - grizzly bear, sharp claws, deathbringer.

All the things I swore to accomplish before leaving for my trip are nowhere near completion. I'm dumping it all on my boss's desk. I feel horrible about it, but that is how it goes sometimes.

Oh, God. I just realized I have to pack. What the hell should I bring for a week in London? What do people wear in London? I'm a jeans and t-shirt sort of guy. Will I be able to get in the clubs like that or do I need to bring "nice" clothes?

Damn.

No comments: