Monday, May 17, 2004

Good weekend, I suppose. Didn't do anything Friday night. I did some shopping and cleaning on Saturday. Still not much selection at the farmers' market, but things should start picking up soon.

Saturday night I got together with Turtle, Paul, Ted, Doug and David (teammates of mine) for drinks at Ty's (where I was hit on by a guy who looked like Art Carney, who is, bear in mind, dead) and dinner at Cowgirl Hall of Fame (chicken-fried steak). While we were at dinner, the skies opened up. Lightning, thunder, street flooding . . . woo hoo! The storm up here have been awesome recently.

Let's see. Sunday was the AIDS Walk; there were about 10 or so guys from the team walking. I snuck off early to see 'Homebody/Kabul' by Tony Kushner out at BAM. It was a remarkable play.

After it was over (3 hours and 45 minutes with 2 ten minute intermissions), I headed back home. I decided to see 'The Mudge Boy' that evening; Mike'nDavid met me there. From the descriptions I'd read, I expected this to be a comedy/drama coming of age, family thing. Maybe a little like 'Ma Vie en Rose'.

Well, it was nothing like 'Ma Vie en Rose'. It was really disturbing and upsetting. I'm still in kind of a funk over it. Maybe I'll write about it a little later.

Suffice to say, between 'Homebody/Kabul' and 'The Mudge Boy', Sunday was a depressing, if somewhat cultured, day.

No comments: