Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sub-arctic

Lordy, people, it's cold out there. After a lovely morning in the mid-to-high forties, it is now in the high teens.

Finally, a little bit of winter. Too bad the spring flowers were already starting to come up.

I finished Brendan Wolf. Basically, for the last chapter and a half, I skimmed. Didn't care what happened, just wanted it to end.

I've moved on to Code of Conduct by Rich Merritt. It had a bit of a bumpy start (too many characters introduced all at once and I had trouble keeping them all straight . . . so to speak), but I'm getting caught up in it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Today's play was an Off-Off Broadway version of The Importance of Being Earnest. Not the best one I've ever seen, but overall solid. Lady Bracknell was a Wagnerian type swathed in silk and crinoline - she pretty much made the show.

Not much to report other than that. Five days into Lent and I haven't messed up any of my promises. Much better than the year I gave up meat and soft drinks. I was halfway through my turkey sandwich and Diet Dr. Pepper on Ash Wednesday when I remembered. Not even half a day.

The things I gave up this year have been much more difficult, but that's part of the adventure. Am I made of sterner stuff than I think? Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Jess said...

It's always good to set goals that aren't easy to reach. Congrats on your success so far!