Saturday, February 09, 2008

I Haf a Code

I'm sick. Truth be told, I've been sick for over a week, but it really hit me today. No amount of DayQuil seems to be doing the trick.

Anyway, I saw two shows today: the children's theatre, which was great, though too advanced for most of the kids in the audience, who just sat there squirming and talking; and an amazing show called Providence, by Cody Daigle.

If you get a chance to see this, and can get tickets (it has a small and well-attended house), don't pass it up.

Let's see, hung out briefly with English David while he was trolling for twinks. Also got to spend most of the day with a friend who recently had surgery. It was great to just sit and talk for hours.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for the repeat of Torchwood. Mmmm . . . Ianto.

Oh, I finished Men Who Love Men. I should point out that I don't disagree with Alan's comment from the other day that the main character is whiney and constantly puts himself down. But as I mentioned, I tend to be the same way. But I enjoyed the book, somewhat forced and obvious happy ending and all.

I'm now reading, and hope to finish later this evening, Brendan Wolf by Brian Malloy. Not quite sure how I feel about it yet. No sympathetic characters, so while it's interesting to read, it inspires no real emotion in me. We'll see.

4 comments:

Marc said...

Two of the best things during a cold: Walgreen's Mucus Relief 400 mg (take 1.5 tablets every 4-5 hours - it lets the stuff flow more easily; and Nasal Saline Spray (which, during a cold or sinus infection, I just turn the bottle up and do about 3-4 drops per nostril - it takes like hell, but it clears stuff out). Of course, the usual Sudafed (not PE!) helps, too. Feel better!

Jess said...

I can't get into a book unless I feel some connection with the characters. Good luck on finishing that book.

Hope you feel better soon!

Alan said...

Yeah, I felt the same way about Brendan Wolf. Pretty well written, but I just didn't get much out of it. Sounds like we have pretty similar tastes in books. :)

dpaste said...

I had dithering over the Mann book, but I guess I'll give it a shot. I loved The Men From the Boys, but The Biograph Girl kind of lost me.