Monday, February 11, 2008

And I thought I was sick yesterday

Today has been the day of wracking coughs. It started last night. Ever cough so hard that you almost vomit. Yep, that's been my day. I can barely speak, my voice is weak and about an octave lower than normal.

Miserable.

Went into work, despite it, but didn't last the full day.

I'm going to try to get some writing done and go to bed.

I finished the Rich Merritt novel, Code of Conduct. A tad didactic, but he was trying to prove a point about the struggle of gays in the military and the ridiculous insult that is "don't ask, don't tell." Overall, a little long, but a compelling read.

My next book is going to be Mark Doty's Dog Years. It's non-fiction. I'll let you know how it turns out.

For those of you keeping track, that's four books and a good half-dozen plays since Lent started. That's why I don't have a boyfriend, I just don't have the time.

Yep. That's why.

Yep.

No comments: