Wednesday, April 21, 2004

While I'm thinking about writers, last night I read a cool little book of short stories, Trysts, by a writer named Steve Berman.

This was one of those impulse purchases (I was on Shocklines to buy a signed, first-edition Richard Matheson novel). I decided to run a search for books with 'gay' in their descriptions. This was one of four I purchased and the first I read.

I was really pleased with it. Great stories about the supernatural, love and loss, and the nature of being human. And of course, sex. Some marvelous stuff. Berman has a good command of 'voice' for his stories. They don't all sound exactly alike. And he managed to set one of the stories in New Orleans without turning it into some sort of horrible Anne Rice-influenced vampire tale.

Anyway, it's not terribly expensive and it's well worth a read. Plus, I really like Shocklines and want to see them keep making money. So go buy it now.

No comments: