Sunday, April 25, 2004

The auction raised around $17,000. Not too shabby. While I am tempted to list the bloggers and other friends of mine who failed to make it to the auction this evening, I will instead mention the blogger who did. If any of you haven't checked out the Accidental New Yorker, then you are the worse for not having read him. Happily, I met him in person tonight and found him to be as smart and funny as his blog led me to believe and remarkably tolerant of my drunkeness (thanks to Stuff). Plus, I found out his Jellicle name which is always cool.

Celebrity sightings: Thom from Queer Eye coming out of his apartment building (bwah ha ha . . . I know where he lives), Carson from Queer Eye at our auction, jumping up onstage and showing off his torso, and Alan Cumming and Flotilla DeBarge, who were great hosts. Alan actually bought one of our boys for himself.

I've mentioned the twinkalicious Moppet before . . . he went for $1400. Ah, to be young, hot and hairless. Ah, fuck it. I'd settle for hot. Ah, fuck it (part deux), I'd settle for non-vomit-inducing.

Anyway, I'm drunk off (and on) my ass, so I'm going to bed at the ungodly hour of 7:45 p.m. Way too early, but what can you do.

Later.

No comments: