Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I forgot to set the fucking alarm again last night. I also didn't go to sleep until after four a.m.

Needless to say, I was extremely late for work again.

While I was doing laundry last night around 10 p.m., I decided to start reading Christopher Bram's new novel, 'Lives of the Circus Animals'. I really enjoyed it. I loved the characters, knew all the locations (any book that sets one of the scenes in the Gaiety has got my attention) . . . basically, I got hooked.

So I kept reading.

The next thing I knew, I'd finished. But it was 4:15.

It was a very amusing book, but it took a serious turn at the end which was a little jarring. Or it could have been that I was extremely tired by then. Either way, it was a good read. But I think my favorite Bram novel is still 'Hold Tight'.

No comments: