Thursday, April 01, 2004

I could go to rugby practice tonight, but instead I think I'll go here:

16TH ANNUAL LAMBDA LITERARY AWARDS. Featuring Toni Amato & Mary Davies (Pinned Down by Pronouns), Lucy Jane Bledsoe (This Wild Silence), Christopher Bram (Lives of Circus Animals), Perry Brass (The Substance of God), Jameson Currier (Best Gay Erotica 2004), Stephen Greco (Boyfriends from Hell), Ben Hodges (Forbidden Acts), Kathi Kosmider (Necrologue), Marijane Meaker (Highsmith: A Romance of the 1950s), and Donald Weise (Time on Two Crosses). To be held at the LGBT Community Center, 208 West 13th Street. Doors open at 6 p.m.

I went to this last year and really enjoyed getting to hear the authors reading their own work. Well, mostly. Some of the authors weren't particularly good speakers. I did, however, wind up buying several of the books and was generally pleased with them.

More than anything, I'm looking forward to hearing Christopher Bram reading from his new book. I'm a huge fan of his work and have heard him speak a couple of times. Should be fun.

No comments: