Thursday, March 25, 2004

Sadly, there were no takers on the Ralph Stanley concert. Ah, well. I may just go by myself anyway.

Pretty good time last night. I watched His Secret Life which was amazing. It was directed by Ferzan Ozpetek and hits on some of the same themes as his earlier movie, Steam. In this movie, Antonia loses her husband, Massimo. Among his possessions, she discovers a painting that was given to him by a longtime lover. She tracks down the lover only to find out that it is a man, Michele. Drawn together by their mutual loss, they form a tentative friendship.

It was a beautiful movie. I don't know why American writers and directors seem incapable of writing this sort of thing.

I guess I should also point out that the eye-candy quotient of the movie is particularly high. And I should point out for MAK's sake that Ozpetek's latest movie has Raoul Bova in it. I haven't found a video store that has it, so it may not be out yet.

By the way, any of you Manhattanites know of good video stores? Places that have lots of foreign titles? I go to World of Video on Greenwich.

No comments: