Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I am such a good boy!!! I went to the gym last night. 45 minutes on the bike. Felt great, too. Now if I can just keep doing this until next Tuesday, there is a slim possibility that my heart won't actually explode when I go to rugby practice and have to haul my fat ass all over the pitch.

My only other goal for last night was to do my laundry. Of course, some asshole(s) had left their laundry sitting in the washing machines and all the people who were waiting to use them were being polite and not flinging the offending garments around the room. I wish I could say this doesn't happen often, but it does. I live in a building with approximately 200 apartments in it. We share 5 washing machines and 5 dryers. And despite this, some assholes will leave their laundry sitting in the machines for hours after they are washed/dried. Drives me nuts. Normally, I just dump the clothes (in a hamper, not on the floor) and put my clothes in. Last night, I was frustrated by the people who were waiting patiently, so I just decided to do my laundry this morning.

I went upstairs and watched the first episode of Gormenghast. I just recently completed the first two novels (amazing books . . . originally was going to be a series of books that traced the life of one of the characters from birth to death but Mervyn Peake, the writer, died at a relatively young age, 57, after battling Parkinson's disease). The books were amazing, kind of a Dickens tale as told by Tolkein, and I couldn't wait to see the BBC series. It was all I could do not to stay up all night and watch the whole thing. Marvelous. Especially, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. I can't wait to see the rest of it.

No comments: