Friday, January 16, 2004

Odd benefits from the South Beach diet.

1) Not hungry. Really. I eat five times a day, decent portions. I have cravings out the wazoo, but I'm not hungry.

2) My heartburn/reflux is gone. Completely gone. Weird.

3) I've lost two pounds. If I hadn't lost anything today I would have strangled someone. Preferably someone from South Beach.

4) None of that Atkins 'walking dead' feeling. The energy level is pretty high.

5) The insomnia has gone away . . . for good, I hope.

News on the SB front, we're going out on Sunday. Later in the day so I can have my Sunday writing time with David and he can watch his football games.

Tonight is the long delayed happy hour(s) with Bob and MAK (with possible special guest appearances by David, Rob and Mike'nDavid). Can't hardly wait. If anyone wants to join us, we'll be at Barrage at 6:30 or so.

What else? What else?

Oh, yeah. I talked to Zenchick yesterday. As in talked on the phone. Though we didn't have time to chat (we're both busy girls . . . um, as it were), I was pleased to hear that she sounds just like one of my best friends from high school. Pleasant and reassuring.

It always makes my day to put a voice or a face with a fellow blogger. As I've mentioned before, I already feel like I know many of these folks. The power of the written word.

Let's see. I'm thinking of going to Symphony Space and seeing 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum' tomorrow. I've never seen it on the big screen and it might be fun. Or I might clean my apartment for Sunday's SB encounter.

Ah, the limitless possibilities that my life holds.

No comments: