Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Short entry tonight because I'm bushed. Had a dream last night that I got fired for blogging at work. Thus, didn't blog at work today.

So, Monday . . . worked. Crappy, crappy, crappy day at the office. Something huge has gotten fucked up and, while I don't think it's my fault, I have no proof that it isn't.

I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow.

I came home from work fully intending to go to the gym. Turned on the TV instead. Bad move. But I avoided the temptation tonight.

Just a little background. Rugby season starts back up remarkably soon. Now, I have no intention of playing 7's this summer. I'm not a runner; I just knock people down. 7's are made for runners. So I made a deal with myself that I'd train my ass off in order to get into shape for the fall season. Vegetarian food (focusing on veggies and fruit), workouts, no liquor. Well, zero out of three isn't bad. I've been okay about veggie food, but still eating too much bread and cheese. Liquor . . . well, I think I had around ten drinks or so on Sunday. Workouts . . . I went tonight, not a great start considering I was supposed to start when the season ended (weeks ago).

So I give you all permission (except you, Brian) to call me lardass or something similar any day that I don't mention going to the gym. My goal is to get my stamina up so I can handle playing two games of rugby every Saturday, instead of just one. My strength is good, but I'll work on it, too. Mostly though I just need to start running. Lots.

One of the guys, the Mysterious Wrestler Boy from Brian's blog, invited me to start jogging with the team (he's leading the jogging party). Another asked if I wanted to join his marial arts class (what do you think Brian? I imagine I'd have had a stroke during warmups). But I'm thinking I'll just start hitting the gym, doing the treadmill and bike, swimming and taking the occaisional yoga or tai chi class.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Oh, I finally heard some feedback about my (God willing) new apartment. I've made it over the first couple of hurdles. The next step is a meeting with the co-op board on Thursday. Wish me luck.

No comments: