Friday, June 06, 2003

The other fun thing I did last night was attend (at least for an hour) Boards, Balls and Blades at XL. The monthly party thrown by Jeff Kagan was a promo for the hockey boys' new calendar.

Now, I'm not an XL type, but I tend to enjoy these BB and B events since they draw a less Chelsea-type crowd (though a lot of the hockey boys are kind of Chelsea to begin with). Point being, I had fun, drank a few drinks, schmoozed a little. Ran into Steve and Hugh on Seventh Ave. after I left XL; they were on their way there.

One of the hockey guys wanted to talk about having a joint rugby-hockey party/fundraiser thing. I think it sounds like a great idea. Could be a lot of fun. He thought we could have some contests (he suggested drinking contests . . . we would so kick their asses) and other things.

Considering how well we did on our bachelor auction (we raised over $9000), I can't help but think that some of the groups are trying to piggy-back on our success at fund-raising. In fact a couple of the straight rugby teams we play wanted to talk about doing a joint fund-raiser . . . they like us; they really like us - or rather our ability to raise money.

But I still think something with the hockey boys would be fun.

No comments: