Sunday, June 01, 2003

I take back every evil thought I had about my teammates in recent weeks. In addition to Mark stepping up and taking over the booth at the Expo (I'll be naming my first child after him . . . unless they're twins in which case I'm sticking with my original names of Mango and Wombat), all the guys who said they'd attend this stupid meeting regarding the dance were there . . . on time and everything. This dance thing is going to suck, but what can you do? I got to say, even if the dance sucks, I'll be hanging out with my brothers all day so that will be fun at least. And the guys that volunteered to do it are some of the really good guys on the team. And, like everyone on the team, they're hotties.

So the Expo/Sports Ball is looking like it's going to be fun. In addition to everyone stepping up and helping with the booth (think A Charlie Brown Christmas the part after he leaves and the rest of the kids make the Christmas tree beautiful and you have the idea), I've been able to sell more of the tickets. It looks like we may actually make a few hundred dollars off this event. Thank God. Even better than the money, there will be more of my team there. And a few co-workers which is cool/scary. Cool because it's co-workers I like; scary because . . . well, read my entries for 5/13 and 19.

Despite being a little pissed with everyone recently, I love these guys and I love spending time with them. I've made some amazing friends since I joined. And you couldn't party with a better group of guys. Even the straight teams we play admit that.

But the real fun will be in a couple of weeks at the team banquet. I hope this restaurant knows what it's in for. Rugby banquets tend to be really, really raucous. There is generally drinking, singing, drinking, moderate nudity, drinking, a kangaroo court, drinking, dinner and some drinking. If you want an idea of what these events are like, check out this page which is for a British team the Old Redcliffians. Nudity, straight boys snogging, drinking . . . is it any wonder we decided to start a team? (On a related note, the Old Redcliffians seem to have removed some of the more . . . interesting pictures since I originally found that site. If you want to see what you missed, let me know, I saved the pictures).

No comments: