Friday, March 28, 2008

Just under the wire

Just got back from dinner with Jase, Brian, Charles, and Patrick. A belated birthday party for Patrick. Very nice, but I'm so full right now I could pop like a tick.

Probably shouldn't have had the Banana Bread Pudding. But lordy it was good.

So here's my bitchy rant for the night. A group of college kids got on my train tonight. They were a little drunk and a lot highspirtited. Loud, but not obnoxiously so, and laughing.

One of the Queens hausfraus was sitting near them and started bitching at three of them. Not, mind you, that the three that were making any noise. They were the quiet ones, the ones least likely to tell the hatchet-faced bitch to mind her own sour little business. No, these kids actually apologized.

Sadly, I didn't stand up for them and I now really wish I had. This woman was obviously unhappy. Overweight, ugly clothes, smoker's skin, an angry countenance. Married, but I'm willing to be she isn't happily so.

So she has to make other people as miserable as her.

I'd rather be surrounded by happy, laughing people, especially if they not having fun at the expense of others, than have to sit near one person as contagiously unhappy as this woman.

Next time, I'll be sure to say that.

1 comment:

Maddog said...

I ask that question all the time at work. Why do permanently miserable people go out at all. No one wants to be around them. They try and make everyone else miserable and it's just not fun. If you are a sourpuss stay home and let the rest of us enjoy our lives.