Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Best laid plans of mice and men

So much for the blogging every day. Still some is better than none, I suppose.

Work continues to be busy, so not much time for other things.

Anyway, over the weekend I read The Devil in Amber by Mark Gatiss (one of the actors from The League of Gentlemen). Fun, witty read about Lucifer Box, "portraitist, dandy and terribly good secret agent." His current adventure - save his job and his life, stop a Fascist horde from letting Satan loose on the land, and sleep with anyone (and I do mean anyone) who catches his fancy along the way. Kind of a Nick and Nora meet Jasper Fforde meet James Bond sort of thing.

Delightful.

My current read is Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear. Not exactly sure what I think of it just yet. Detective novel set in London in the late '20s with a woman detective. Hasn't really caught my interest yet, but I'm not that far into it.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

No comments: