Friday, June 18, 2004

Reminder: Marie's Crisis Cafe, Grove St. and 7th Ave., tonight 8:30 p.m., drinking and showtunes.

And, because I'm too lazy to come up with anything new, a meme.

WHERE WERE YOU...?
Borrowed from FA Rob Byrnes, who borrowed it from elsewhere, who etc. etc. etc.

1. Where were you when you heard that Ronald Reagan died?
At home. I flipped on the TV and saw a report that the flags at the White House were being lowered to half staff. I assumed Cheney had died.

2. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
At home. I heard on the radio about a 'small plane' having hit the WTC. I went to vote in the primary. When I came home, my mom was leaving me a frantic message making sure that I wasn't downtown (I lived on the UWS and worked in midtown, but she doesn't have a sense of where things are located in Manhattan).

3. Where were you when you heard that Princess Diana died?
Southern Decadence in New Orleans. Within an hour of the wreck, some queens were hitting the bars dressed as Dead Di.

4. Do you remember where you were when you heard Kurt Cobain had died?
Nope.

5. Take one for The Gipper: What’s your favorite flavor of jelly bean?
Buttered Popcorn (yes, I know I'm the only one).

6. Where were you when Magic Johnson announced he was retiring from the NBA due to AIDS?
No clue.

7. Where were you when Reagan was shot?
At school probably. I guess that was Junior High.

8.Where were you when the Challenger exploded?
At lunch at school. I didn't see it until after lunch in physics class. Our physics teacher was a runner up for the teacher in space.

9. Where were you when the 0J verdict was announced?
Grad school. A bunch of us gathered in one of a prof's office and watched it on TV.

No comments: