Thursday, June 10, 2004

Other little bits and pieces from the last few days.

Reagan died. You may have missed this since it hasn't been getting a lot of media attention.

I got an e-mail last week from Frank saying that he'd be participating in a book reading at B&N on Monday. I went to it and was delighted to discover that the author he was reading with was Steve Kluger, author of one of my favorite books, The Last Days of Summer. His new book is Almost Like Being in Love, a cute gay love story, which apparently Gary Bauer hates. The reading was a lot of fun, plus I got to fawn over the author for a little while. I read the book that evening and even though I didn't like it as much as 'Summer' (sorry, Frank), it was still pretty good. I think the reason I liked 'Summer' better was that the main character, Joey, was so engaging. I liked the characters in 'Love', too, especially some of the incidental ones, but none of them clicked with me as much as Joey.

Anyway, run out an buy these books. And while you're there, buy 'Trust Fund Boys' by Famous Author Rob Byrnes.

So I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, not for the creeping crud that I've had for the last few days, but as a follow-up to my yearly physical. Now if your doctor tells you that your blood pressure is dangerously high and he's putting you on medication do you a) vow to work out and diet or b) go to the deli and buy a pint of Chunky Monkey then eat it in one sitting?

Yeah, I chose the Ben and Jerry's route, myself. Fuck it. Let's just hope the stroke is massive and not one of those pissant things that leaves me a vegetable.

What else . . . ? Oh, yeah. I'm going to a rugby tournament this weekend. Woo hoo!!! Should be loads of fun. And on Sunday I'm going to see a Moliere play out at BAM. The Imaginary Invalid is one of my favorite Moliere plays; I can't wait to see it done by the Comedie-Francaise (sorry, but I don't know how to put in the accents).

Um . . . that's all I have for now.

No comments: