Things I have to do for my not-for-profit before January 1:
1) Recruit a board of directors.
2) File the corporate documents.
3) File for tax-exempt status.
4) Create a website.
5) Come up with the rules of the playwriting competition.
6) Contact as many GLBT youth organizations as possible to promote the competition.
7) Ask several gay and lesbian playwrights to write an essay on why gay theater matters for my website.
8) Open a corporate bank account.
9) Open a post office box.
10) Get someone with money to help me out even though we're not a 501(c)3 yet and hence the donation won't be tax-deductible.
11) Not go completely crazy.
Then I just need to figure out how to do all that, finish the play I'm working on, deal with some potentially horrible family drama that's going on, wrap up the stuff I've been doing for the rugby club so someone else can take it over, try to convince my boss to let me work 4 10-hour days instead of 5 8-hour ones, go to physical therapy, visit my mom, buy Christmas presents, deal with the stuff for the other not-for-profit I work with, and do all the other crap I have to deal with on a daily basis.
Breathe in, breathe out. Things will work out.