Monday, November 15, 2004

C'est la vie

Sadly, the Wet Underwear fundraiser was a bust. About half the contestants didn't show up (including all the guys from my rugby team who said they'd compete), the crowd was small (again, only a couple of guys from my team were there and very few from any of the other sports teams we assist) and in the end, we only broke even on what was to be our big fundraiser of the year.

But on a happy note, the contest itself went off without a hitch and everyone who was there seemed to have a good time. Frank DeCaro was hilarious, the Glamazons were amazing, and the underwear guys were hot. While several of the contestants were 'independents', three of them were from the sports teams; two from hockey, one from wrestling. One of the hockey guys won.

Now we'll need to do a post-mortem to figure out how we can make this work next time. And figure out where in the hell we're going to get our operating budget for next year.

Good times.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it was a bust. I showed up with several friends.

Crash said...

Well, I shouldn't say it was a bust; it was just a disappointment that the crowd was small. Did you and your friends have fun? That's the important thing.

Gil said...

If your entire team shows up at my house naked and you all do my nefarious bidding for a week, I will pay your operating costs for the next year.

Unknown said...

The crowd might have been on the small side, but after a couple of drinks, my friend and I didn't really care. :-)
We were glad that hockey-guy won! He was hottest by far.

Crash said...

So how drunk was I when I met you and your friend? I don't even remember making it home.

Yeah, hockey guy was hot. Plus, he was a major flirt which goes a long way in my book.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have liked the hockey guy. I can't stand flirts.

Only three more weeks till I can make out with you at a bar!!!!

Unknown said...

Did you wait until after the show to get sloppy drunk?
We came about 3PM (were you working the door?) and left when the pageant ended.

Crash said...

Yeah, I was working the door. I was getting pretty sloppy by the time the contest started. By the end, I was seriously messed up.

Just a guy said...

Byrne... sorry the event did not turn out as planned. I hope OOB's appreciates all your hard work none-the-less. It was good seeing you there though.

http://ruggerjohnnyd.blogs.com