Monday, August 16, 2004

Great fucking weekend! Just what the doctor ordered. Though I suppose the doctor would have told me to drink slightly less.

Let's see. Thursday night was my friend Will's 60th birthday. His party was at Wild Ginger, a great Thai place down on Grove St. It was a really good mix of people, old/young, men/women, gay/straight. A very fun and interesting evening.

Friday . . . well, Friday sucked ass.

Saturday. Mostly sat around the house watching the Olympics. Mmmm . . . Olympians. Talked with Mike for a little while which was an uncommon enough occurance to merit mention (yes, Mike, that was my passive-aggressive way of saying you should call me more often). Bought $20 or so worth of tomatoes at the farmers' market. Also managed to get a rotty cantaloupe. Damn it.

Sunday . . . fun, fun, fun. I hooked up with Peaches and Herb Sam. Jeff (a/k/a God of Biscuits a/k/a Peaches) and Sam were both amazing. First of all, just as hot as in their pictures. Just as smart as on their blogs. And so much more.

I hooked up with the boys down on Bleeker after they'd had lunch. We went on a mini-pub crawl. Dugout (where we ran into a SF pal of Jeff's), Hangar, Ty's, Boots and Saddles (a/k/a Bras and Girdles where we ran into one of the rugby boys), Monster (where we were joined by a couple of Jeff's friends who were great guys, too), Stonewall and the Eagle (where we ran into several more of the rugby boys and a former co-worker of mine). We had dinner along the way at Bruxelles on Greenwich, which I've wanted to try for a while. The food was amazing.

Actually, looking at it, we hit seven bars. I think that qualifies as a full-fledged pub crawl. Toward the end of the evening, I was getting hot (not quite in the same way Sam was . . . ah, to be young again) and I still had to do laundry and I had to get up early today for my appointment with Painbringer, PT, so I cut out earlyish. I was so full, it was so hot, the Eagle was so crowded and loud, that I just needed to take off. Jeff and Sam left, too, so I didn't feel like I was ditching them.

Fortunately, I'm supposed to be getting together with them again tonight since they are leaving tomorrow. I can't wait.

Now I just have to find a way to get out to San Francisco for a visit.

Today is off to a brilliant start. Despite my general dislike of pain, my sessions with Painbringer, PT, seem to be working. The pain in my legs is getting better. At this rate I should be back to rugby playing form (or what passes as rugby playing form for me) right about the end of the season. As Painbringer, PT, asked, "Why are you doing your physical therapy now? You should have started in the spring." Ah, well.

What can you do?

Anyway, I'm off to lunch.

No comments: