Thursday, August 26, 2004

Caroline, Mom and Booze

Three completely unrelated things in one entry.

Caroline, or Change . . . first of all, there was a return, so I got a ticket fifth row on the aisle, center orchestra. Fucking amazing. I had a hard time getting into the show. Either my hearing isn't as good as it used to be, or I was too close to the orchestra (which was loud at times), but I had a hard time understanding the lyrics. Then I caught my groove, realized that I was hearing the important stuff and started to get into it. By intermission, I was enjoying it. The second act was amazing. By the end of the show, I realized that it was one of the most important musicals I'd seen. I'll rank it up with Ghetto (which was truly brillian). If you haven't seen Caroline yet, you only have a couple more days. It's well worth it.

Mom . . . out of ICU, improving. Probably out of the hospital on Saturday.

Booze . . . XES (24th St. and 7th Ave.) tonight at 7 p.m.

3 comments:

Robert said...

I know I like the 2nd thing the bestest! :-)

Just a guy said...

So happy to hear that your Mom is doing better!

Lee said...

Glad to hear yer mom is doing better!