Monday, July 26, 2004

In an effort to help me save money, someone conveniently dropped a $20 bill on 23rd Street and 9th Avenue Saturday.  I think more people need to do that (assuming, of course, that I'm always to be the person to find the money).

To the anonymous person who dropped the $20, thank you.

In an effort to thwart the universe's good intentions, I squandered what little money remains in my account on a ticket to De-Lovely (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and dinner at the Coffee Shop on Union Square Sunday night.  Hah, take that, universe!  Anyway, the dinner and movie were just what the doctor (if not my wallet) ordered.  I went with English David . . . good company for a movie like this.

Saturday was all about running around the city.  Farmer's market, Starbucks, Chelsea Market, Garden of Eden (grocery store), back to the Farmer's market.  East side, west side, all around the town.  But then, if I hadn't been walking all over the place, someone less deserving would have found the twenty.

That night, I hung out with a friend who just broke up with his boyfriend.  Not much that I can do about that other than be there for him to talk to.  So that's what I did.  I may not be good at much, but I am a decent, if somewhat fidgety, listener.  Later we took a long walk.  Nice.

I love taking walks and am glad to be doing it again.  I find that I sleep much better if I take a long walk before bed.  I wish there were more time to do things like that.

No comments: