Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Wow, it's Wednesday and my week hasn't turned to shit yet. What's up with that?

I've been on a movie kick recently. I watched 'The Guru' on Monday, 'Neverland' and 'Best in Show' last night, and I plan to watch 'Salaam Bombay' this evening. 'The Guru' was great. Light and frothy fun. And if you enjoy watching Hindi musicals (which I do), there are lots of cute musical numbers in that style.

'Neverland' was a very interesting, if poorly planned and executed, version of 'Peter Pan'. Not really worth the rental, but what can you do? My main problem about this was that instead of dealing with the transition between childhood and adolescence like the original play and novel did, this version deals with the transition between delayed adolescence (immature 20 year olds) and adulthood. Frankly, these were fairly odious characters. Kind of like the cast of 'A Clockwork Orange' presenting 'Peter Pan'.

Ah, well. Live and learn.

'Best in Show' was great. Now I just have to rent 'This is Spinal Tap' and 'A Mighty Wind' and I'll be caught up.

Let's see. What else?

I'm going to an awards ceremony for Janet Reno this weekend. High tea with Janet. How cool is that? I can't wait.

I'm going out for drinks tomorrow night with some bloggers and other friends. I'm sure that will be fun.

My trip to California is on. I'll be driving cross-country with Dad then hanging with G'ma and the rest of the family for a week.

Well, that's pretty much it. I know, it's not a very exciting life that I lead. Could be worse . . . could be raining.

No comments: