Monday, February 02, 2004

I'm toying with the idea of taking two weeks off and driving out to California with my dad. This will either be a great bonding experience for the two of us, or it will end with one of us burying the other's battered (as in beaten, not breaded) corpse in the Arizona desert.

Either way, it'll be great to get out of the city.

So, the weekend.

Friday I saw 'Latter Days'. Now I liked this movie. I seemed to be the only one in the theater who did, however. Everyone else was laughing at the serious bits, being loud and snarky, and generally pissing me off.

This is why I own a VCR.

So I enjoyed it and I want this man to be my next husband. Would one of you run out and set that up for me? Thanks.

After the movie I came home and watched 'My Favorite Year,' which despite its many flaws, I still really like.

Saturday, slept really, really late. Read a somewhat new Paul Russell book, 'War Against the Animals,' which was a really good, if somewhat frustrating, read. Frustrating in the way that it ends, and since I don't want to give that away, I won't tell you any more about it.

Got together with Stuff and saw his new apartment. Very cool.

Sunday, David and I worked on our writing. I actually got about three more pages written on this play I've been working on forever. This Sunday writing thing is really helping a lot. And I enjoy David's company, so that makes it even better.

That evening I went to Bob and Larry's Superbowl party. Lots of fun, but did I really need to see Janet's boob? No, I did not. On the upside, I really enjoyed seeing P. Diddy (or whatever he calls himself these days) and Nelly (heh heh . . . nellie) lipsyncing something while sampled music was playing behind them. Sampled music from Diana Ross' 'I'm Coming Out'.

Nellie. I'm Coming Out. J Lo only dates gay men; J Lo dated P Puff Diddy Daddy.

Put those three together and see if you come up with the same thing I did.

In the words of a great philosopher: I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

And I'll leave you with this thought, the Patriots have a hot quaterback.

No comments: