Wednesday, February 18, 2004

I saw a production of 'Pericles' at BAM last night. Pretty good. Generally, I didn't much care for the play (not Shakespeare's best), but the production was pretty amazing. In addition to a superb cast, the show featured live music (which is always a plus) and an amazing set design with a very Asian feel. I think the lighting design relied a little too much on spotlights, and the spot operators were just a little too slow following the actors. This often led to actors with bits of their faces unlit while they were delivering lines. Not good.

All in all an enjoyable evening, though I will admit that I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't gone to it alone. Things like this (art, music, theater, etc.) are just so much more interesting when one has a chance to discuss them with others.

No comments: