Friday, June 13, 2003

I'm sick. And I'm pissed off. Not a good combination.

The weather here in the Big Apple has been . . . somewhat erratic. The unifying condition has been humidity. Now, I can't fucking stand humidity. I sweat, can't sleep, feel lethargic, etc. The "can't sleep" part is the biggie, though. So two nights ago, I slept with my fan pointing directly at me. Felt great. Good night's sleep.

However, I woke up with a sore throat and cough. That was yesterday.

Last night, I didn't have the fan blowing on me. Didn't sleep well and still have my goddamn cough and sore throat.

I probably shouldn't drink tonight and should go to bed early.

Since I won't be doing either of those things, I'll probably be sick as a dog this weekend. Which will complicate my packing/moving schedule. Oh well.

I'm pissed off for a number of reasons that I think I'll choose not to go into right now. On to happy things.

Next week promises to be a full and exciting one. I have charity benefits on Monday (double booked at the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund Cocktail Party and Village Care of New York's Tulips and Pansies Event), Tuesday (Lawyers Committee for Human Rights Reception . . . I may bail on this), Wednesday (Gypsy fundraiser for Lawyers Alliance for New York), and Thursday (ACLU Gay & Lesbian Rights and AIDS Projects Reception). Busy, but fun week ahead.

No comments: